“the SEAHORSE wagon, come and share an unbelievable
nomadic unique experience!”
The guest house is run by a non profit organization called Roulopa (it reads “drive at a walking pace” in French). It is available to rent as soon as the hot sun comes out. It travels along in spring, summer and autumn and stays put for the winter season. The holidayers are invited to live a true bohemian experience, reaching for a lost freedom; confronted with mother nature!
We made our dream come true and are willing to share it with you!
Let’s seed happiness along the way and in people’s minds.The gypsy wagon pace will open up spirits and allow for reconnection to the essential. Be part of the sharing circle, circus and children shows in the villages where we will step. Join us for soothing and relaxing holidays, slow and reinvigorating bohemian experience.
We will accompany you and will help you pause your lifestyle for a while, questioning our habits and ways.
Wither we will organize a show, play a documentary or invite the local children, you are free to join us as much as to ride your bikes in the countryside, walk to the local market or just slowdown reading a book next to the wagons.
Children as much as adults will discover a colourful universe we will enlighten you with our happy spontaneous and joyful ways. Together, let’s live a truly out of the ordinary experience, alongside the true welcoming French countryside villagers far from the clichés, diving in an authentic rural simplicity, a voluntarily simple lifestyle. Find your essential in you, discover your life source!
LIVING IN A HORSE DRAWN CARAVAN
This unusual lifestyle combines a rudimentary beauty with liberating poetic form.As much as teepees, yurts or tinyhouses, the aim is to get closer to mother nature, live with the essential, the essence, nature itself.
We live a nomadic life, paced by the horses. This frees us from the neverending speedy lifestyle we us to have. At 3 miles an hours, there is plenty of time to think and concentrate on what is important and dear to us.
HOW DOES IT WORK ?
- Book online
- We confirm your reservation and contact you to match your stay with your desires.
- A few days prior to your arrival, you check where we are stationed.
- Contact us to have a precise location if needed.
- Join us by car, train, bus, bike, walking or riding your horse!
- If necessary, we can send a cab to pic you up. (included in the one-week-reservations)
- For the first day, we take a little time to meet and check on your wishes for your stay. You are welcome with the basic notions of living outdoors and present you to our horses.
- We can share the days between quite moments, resting, grooming the horses, participating with the artistic activities, circus show, children story telling etc if wanted. You plan your activities with our council and help.
WHAT IS PROVIDED
According to our ecological opinions, the lodging is minimalistic and comfortable. The kitchen or sanitary essentials are functional and sufficient. Every aspect is a question of weight and space!
The tiny horse wagon is equiped for a family of 2 adults and 2 children max.
1 small double adult bed 125×190 (49 in × 75 in)
1 small double children bed 100×140 (47 in × 55 in)
1 kitchen corner equiped with two gaz burners
1 sanitary corner with water dispenser and a basin
1 composting toilet and an outdoor lattrine
1 chest bench with table and chairs
1 4 person cooking ware
1 set of cutlery, mug, plate per person
1 solar shower with curtain
1 LED rechargeable lamps
1 solar panel and battery for charging USB devices or 12V supplies